We have a drake and hen welsh harlequin. Beautiful birds but yours beak/feet are eye catching. The black. Our girls beak is a grey/ looks almost green some days. I now want to add another to our flock that looks like yours!
Thank you. That means a lot right now. That was our girl Ulla. She was unfortunately killed by a hawk recently. She was a really sweet beautiful girl. I made her my avatar to keep her with me. I still have two welshes.

I love that picture of your flock. I love a diverse flock.

Thank you. That means a lot right now. That was our girl Ulla. She was unfortunately killed by a hawk recently. She was a really sweet beautiful girl. I made her my avatar to keep her with me. I still have two welshes.

Oh thats just awful! So sorry this happened to you. I'm sure she had an amazing life though! You take the BEST care of your birds! Sending hugs! :hugs

Thank you. We love having the different kinds. We would like to add an Ancona or magpie soon.

So sorry to hear about your girl, we lost our mallard last summer and we sure do miss him.

Thank you. We love having the different kinds. We would like to add an Ancona or magpie soon.

So sorry to hear about your girl, we lost our mallard last summer and we sure do miss him.
Ancona are on my future wish list. I love their unique colorations. Magpies are beautiful ducks too. I don't know as much about them. I am hoping to add a couple more muscovy.

Sorry about your Mallard as well.

Ancona are on my future wish list. I love their unique colorations. Magpies are beautiful ducks too. I don't know as much about them. I am hoping to add a couple more muscovy.

Sorry about your Mallard as well.
Do you already have muscovys?

If so how does you flock do with them? We got two Muscovy girls last year. Shortly after we got them (as in days), one died we No sign or indication of how or why. At the time we only had 3 other ducks, maybe 4 and then the one Muscovy. Our 3 ducks bullied her to no end. We tried everything but I made the decision to rehome her, I felt so awful.

I have a feeling it is because she was the only new duck, so I thought it would lighten up. We have added just one hen to our preexisting flock before and obviously showing pecking order etc is normal. So I expected that but this was beyond that. I very much believe they would have killed her and I don’t understand why because they haven’t been like that before or since when we have added new blood to the flock. I wasn’t sure if others had the same or similar experience. I see other flocks with muscovys and other breed that have no problem

Do you already have muscovys?

If so how does you flock do with them? We got two Muscovy girls last year. Shortly after we got them (as in days), one died we No sign or indication of how or why. At the time we only had 3 other ducks, maybe 4 and then the one Muscovy. Our 3 ducks bullied her to no end. We tried everything but I made the decision to rehome her, I felt so awful.

I have a feeling it is because she was the only new duck, so I thought it would lighten up. We have added just one hen to our preexisting flock before and obviously showing pecking order etc is normal. So I expected that but this was beyond that. I very much believe they would have killed her and I don’t understand why because they haven’t been like that before or since when we have added new blood to the flock. I wasn’t sure if others had the same or similar experience. I see other flocks with muscovys and other breed that have no problem
We currently have 4 females. We had a drake that didn't work out too well. Our dominate female Pekin had passed away. Even when she was ill, she had this grumpy old lady temperament and took no crap from anyone. Our large muscovy drake would run to get out of her way :gig. Once she passed away he kept harassing our other Pekin girl. We didn't realize how much order that grumpy girl kept in the flock. We would like to get a new drake that could hopefully fit better in the flock.

Our muscovy most of the time do really with the other ducks. When we first got them, we got two. They did get picked on and were super bonded to one another and seemed lonely. So we went back to the breeder and got three more. They were happier together, even if they got picked on a bit. They are very reserved ducks at first. After a few weeks, the muscovy warmed up to their new home and taught our other ducks a lesson. One leapt over the head of one our ducks and landed on its back. Pulled a bit on its tail feathers and then let her go. Eventually everyone settled in and they started to learn each others language. There are still times the muscovy will be little terrors, but usually the other ducks are pushing the boundaries. Other times, I will have 3 muscovy causing trouble with the other ducks, and my other muscovy will put them in line and stop them from harassing them.

They are great with little ones. Ever time we have added new ducks, they get along the best with the new ducks. It is amazing how the new ducks will quickly learn not to mess with the muscovy. It usually only take a look from the muscovy, saying "Are you sure you want to do that?" And the young ducks quickly apologize and back away.

My most recent additions learned to speak muscovy really well and taught the other ducks. So sometimes they will tell the muscovy off when they are getting in their troublemaker mood. Overall, they get along really well, but they definitely had to take some time to learn how to communicate.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here on this thread. I have two Muscovy ducks that are 10 months old now. I got them as 3 day old ducklings. They are with my two Rouen Hens, three Mallard ducks and two Khaki Campbell. They always hang out together because they speak the same language. My Muscovy Drake is mating with my Rouen Hens however and he doesn't seem to mind what language she speaks since it is mating season, lol. They all seem to be getting along fine but they all know that my 15 pound Muscovy Drake is boss and respect him or stay their distance from him. I always put my babies outside when they are five weeks old where they can all see each other for a few weeks before I turn them out with the rest of my flock and they have all done well together. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom