1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of feed for cochin chicks (probably from TSC... )

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by run_ac_run, May 11, 2009.

1. run_ac_run

run_ac_run Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    South GA
    Tommorrow is my "due date" for these eggs in the bator. Woot![​IMG] It really has snuck up on me, and I'm not totally prepared. I'll probably be buying any feed I need at TSC. What kind of feed should I get? Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

BTW: These are cochin eggs.

2. bigtooks

bigtooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Norwalk, Ohio
    it would prolly be wise to purchase medicated chick starter..this feed helps to prevent certain diseases...i forget what the diseases are called

3. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I didn't even see this post..... I agree with bigtooks. I buy medicated chick starter. The bag may actually say Start and Grow. I hope they do well for you!!

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Usually, a feed store is less expensive on the feed, if you have a feed store around. I always use Purina Start and Grow until they are 17 or so weeks and then they get Layena. Really, any medicated chick starter would be great. Good luck on your hatch.

5. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I love Cochins, good luck with your babies! I'm expecting mine this weekend!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by