What Kind Of Free Rare Chick Do I Get From McMurray?

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
I ordered 25 chicks from McMurray. 10 Buff Orpingtons, 10 Red Stars and 5 Black Jersey Giants.

The first two are for egg laying. The JGs are just because I thought that they looked cool. I don't know anything about JGs though.

McMurray throws in one free chicken with your order.

What kind of free chicken does McMurray generally throw in the bunch? I am guessing that my free rare chick will be a rooster. I just wondered what breed. Will the tell me the type of chicken or do I have to guess?

Im not sure which type but i am sure you probably have to guess cause ive seen people get packing peanuts and whatnot and they never tell you what breed their going to give you

Don't know the answer to the Question, but you will love your Jersey Giants. I want a few more this year. They are very gentle, big beautiful eyes, I find they can be very shy if not handled a lot from the start.

Our free chick from McMurray(8 years ago) was a light brahma roo. He just passed away this winter. He was a great flock protector. We loved him. I hope that whatever chick you get, it will be as wonderful as Freddy. I think that McMurray will send whatever they have extra of. It could be nearly any breed.

Quote:
I hope that I get a one like Freddy also.
smile.png

Quote:
I wouldn't mind an EE.

Waiting until nearly the end of March is going to drive me crazy. I want those chicks now.

Our 25 brown egg layers arrived this past Sunday. The free exotic chick we received was a cream colored naked neck. It's funny, when she is sitting down she looks like a little BO, but as soon as she stands up and extends her neck, you know she' not a BO. We thought she was kinda ugly a first, but she's starting to grow on us.

Greg

I got a Booted Bantam in my order, they don't even advertise booted bantams, which were one of the birds that were used to breed the Belgian D'Uccle, MM advertises birds as pure breed, but sometimes they aren't. But I do like my 2 EE roosters that were also supposedly Ameracaunas

Back
Top Bottom