What kind of incubators do you use?

coyoteugly

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 12, 2011
We are getting ready to incubate eggs for the first time and are very excited. The choices on incubators were a bit overwhelming - we ended up getting a Little Giant Still Air Incubator, but there is till time to get something different. So, what kind of incubator do you recommend, and do you have any tips or tricks for us?

Quote:
I used a little giant that I converted to a forced air, and a home made coleman bator. Little Giant is ok if you want to baby sit it .. I do have slight temp fluctuations 1-2 degrees. More than I prefer... I am going to get a hovabator genesis next those are preset for bird eggs and have a wafer thermostat.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the info
smile.png
We did buy a hygrometer/thermometer to make sure we keep a close eye on the temp and humidity. Would you recommend getting the forced air fan attachment?

Ihave used LG's for years now and for the cost they do work well. I use the auto turners but have not yet added the forced air fan. It is suppose to increase the hatch rate. One thing that did increase my hatch rate was using the dry hatch method. Very little if any water is added 'til the 18th day(lockdown time). Try to maintain a humidity range of 40-50% for the first 18 days and then increase it to 65-70% by not only filling the reservors but adding wet paper towels and/or sponges. My 'bator's are located in my basement so chances are it might be a little more humid there than desired. Lg's just take a little time to tweak them and get use to them but after a couple of hatches you should find out what does or doesn't work. Happy Hatching! Charlie

Back
Top Bottom