What kind of Mama bunny is this!

codymax2

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Liverpool, NY
We bought her at an auction and 5 hrs later she had a litter!
62515_dscn0333.jpg
62515_dscn0338.jpg
Thanks for looking=)

She actually did very well considering she had no time to make a nest. They are a little over 2 weeks and doing great
smile.png
She birthed 10 but only 5 survived though
sad.png
3 were very small and had twisted back legs. 2 were born dead we tried to revive them but they never tried to breathe?! Do you know what breed she is?
Quote:

Quote:

Pics are misleading. I would offer to say she is a rex, but I would need to know her weight. Losing kits is common, don't beat yourself up. If she starts thumping her back legs alot that means she is mad or irritated and I would remove the kits. If she is calm, you can leave them with her. Kits only feed 1-2 times a day, by the way.

Quote:

Pics are misleading. I would offer to say she is a rex, but I would need to know her weight. Losing kits is common, don't beat yourself up. If she starts thumping her back legs alot that means she is mad or irritated and I would remove the kits. If she is calm, you can leave them with her. Kits only feed 1-2 times a day, by the way.

She looks crossbreed to me. Her fur doesn't look short enough to be rex.

Congrats - you got a deal
wink.png
I can tell you what breeds she isn't but not sure she is purebred? White skinned babies should be white like her if they have black skin that should turn brown or could go black. Looks like she is being a good mom -some eat first litter or don't know what to do with new babies. It doesn't look like she made a nest for them -ie pulled some of her hair out for a nest.
She would like a nesting box for them and her - plywood sides and top with a hole in front large enough for mom to go out easily. Cardboard box with entry hole for her will work temp but, she may eat it. Maybe put in some straw for bedding - pine shavings by babies is not good for them to breath until much larger. Hope this helps and Good Luck

That's what I was thinking 'Mutt" but probably a rex mix? she's kinda big probably 6 lb
Quote:

She looks crossbreed to me. Her fur doesn't look short enough to be rex.

I had no idea they only fed 1-2 times a day till I noticed and they seemed to be fine and growing
smile.png
I thought she was a bad Mama! =P
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom