what kind of oats?

wildflower

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
I have 15 beautiful 3 month old girls. I have been adding organic oats to their diet at the suggestion of several books I've read. Slow down their growth but keep them full so they will be better layers. I have been giving them rolled oats from the health food store, but am ordering from Modesto milling, they only have whole oats. Is this O.K. for the Chickies? By the way, I asked about chickens and rabbits a few months ago and it has been going great! The poor caged bunnies get to run free now and like to burrow the entire bottom out of the coop......I just fill it back in twice a week. We have hardware wire under the ground in the coop and yard so everybody lives happily together. Lilly and Clover the rabbits have lost half their chubby body weight from all the activity and share a bottom nest box.......cute! Thanks for all the advice. If anyone knows about the oats........I need to place my order today.

Thanks, just spoke to the guy at Modesto milling and he said his other folks use whole oats for their chickens, so I ordered them.

Yes, Modesto Milling is out of Modesto Ca, in the central valley. They had the grain here overnight, I got really lucky! They have a great feed mix for chickens that even has organic oregano oil in it! I have a friend who has used them for years with wonderful results. Thanks for the info about oats........they are gobbling them up!

Back
Top Bottom