What Kind of Pigeon Do I Have?!

ConfusedPigeon

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
I got this pigeon from a local animal control and I can't figure out what breed of pigeon it is. Any Ideas? He/She is yellow with black markings and a few white feathers!

Who the the heck dyed the poor thing yellow?? Were they trying to make it a canary or something...sorry to say its not passing lol.....

IMO..... it looks like a Komorner tumbler/homer cross. Definitely, that yellow did not occur naturally! Poor thing has been dyed. Did the shelter give you any information where it came from? My guess it was dyed for some "event" that did not fare well for the bird.

I would offer this bird many baths! Add a little ACV to the water. Hopefully....the dye will wash off and the bird will not suffer any consequences.

IMO..... it looks like a Komorner tumbler/homer cross.  Definitely, that yellow did not occur naturally! Poor thing has been dyed. Did the shelter give you any information where it came from?  My guess it was dyed for some "event" that did not fare well for the bird.  

I would offer this bird many baths!  Add a little ACV to the water.  Hopefully....the dye will wash off and the bird will not suffer any consequences.

A lot of people will dye their birds for a couple reasons :
No leg bands, but have to tell them apart
Events
Or for fun.
Typically it's a natural dye, and perfectly safe, so it isn't a poor bird :) now, of course if it was chemicals and such and not natural then I'd feel bad for it yes. But usually they're natural and completely safe. But, yellow isn't very flattering xD

Remcbride- LOL

Last edited:
I'm thinking the previous owner dyed it (poor thing), probably a domestic show flight.

She has been dyed yellow.
I would love to dye my white homing pigeons different colours, but I want a lot.....I only have one pair at the moment.

I used to keep white fantails in the UK and I would add some food colouring to their bath water. The birds would bath themselves and come out coloured. Its is harmless and the birds don't care either.

These ring neck doves look beautiful.

some coloured fantail pigeons in the park.

Back
Top Bottom