What Kind of Plymouth Rock Is This?

Yes I do. It's a lot easier to make sex links with two different breeds.
I'm sure the hen side is barred rocks but the male side would need to be splash.
They could use a splash PR but I seriously doubt they did since there's other breeds more readily available. A couple years ago many were using splash Andalusians.
Thanks! I'm new to all this, so I don't know anything about breeds, haha. But so then a Blue Sex-Linked is still part Barred Rock? Do you think Tractor Supply's supplier just wasn't careful on who was mating with whom? Lol. And how is a Blue Plymouth Rock made? In the end, at least these little ones are still adorable!

I have 3 plymouth Rocks and one looks like this too! I was wondering why it looked so different. I wonder? This is mine. Wonder if this is a blue?
That's interesting! Now maybe I'm surprised that all three of mine were the same and not just the one? I think by the time we got ours, they were a week old, so I'm not sure what they looked like at slightly younger. But I think that one looks similar to ours, haha.

It is blue. There is a blue variety of Plymouth Rocks but they are rare and you wouldn't have one without searching them out. Certainly wouldn't pick one up from a feed store.
There are many hatcheries selling a copy cat of the sapphire gems and labeling them blue Plymouth Rocks or Plymouth blue Rocks. They're just a blue sex linked hybrids.
I'd highly suspect that is what your chick is.
They have knock off mixes now at TSC probably through Townline... most likely what it is https://townlinehatchery.com/product/plymouth-blue/

Back
Top Bottom