What kind of quail is it?

speedy2020

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 24, 2010
Hi,
I purchased some coturnix quail eggs. They are hatched 5 days ago and 3 of them yellow with black strip running down. Are they Texas AM quails or something else?

They will be somewhere in the golden family, italian, manchurian...great looking chicks!

BTW, if it were me, I'd pull the grass out. Their crops aren't developed enough to handle it yet and you can get a problem know as sour crop or rot crop. The grass will get caught up and not digest, fermenting away...the outcome is not pleasant.

Good luck!

They will be somewhere in the golden family, italian, manchurian...great looking chicks!

BTW, if it were me, I'd pull the grass out. Their crops aren't developed enough to handle it yet and you can get a problem know as sour crop or rot crop. The grass will get caught up and not digest, fermenting away...the outcome is not pleasant.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. They are messy eater and drinker. I happen to train them on snipple water and fresh cut grass to see if they will eat it. They're sure growing very fast.

Back
Top Bottom