What kind of quail is this?

Nunie

Chirping
Jan 26, 2016
Sweden (for now!)
A few years ago I went to a butterfly house and they had 3 or 4 quail running around freely. I was wondering what kind of quail they are, button quail maybe? They were super tiny!

You can eat their eggs, but yes, in general you'd probably call them ornamental.
They are called 'Kinesiske dværgvagtler' in Danish, probably something similar in Swedish.

Button quail. Another name for the same specie is Chinese painted quail.
You again! Always so helpful, lol. I do remember seeing something about chinese (though living in Sweden it was "kinesisk" ). They were so tiny and cute! I followed them around the butterfly aviary watching their cute antics. They're only really ornamental, right?

You can eat their eggs, but yes, in general you'd probably call them ornamental.
They are called 'Kinesiske dværgvagtler' in Danish, probably something similar in Swedish.
Okay, I wasn't sure if button quail eggs were too small!

Yeah it was probably something like that in Swedish, my fiance translated it for me lol

You again! Always so helpful, lol. I do remember seeing something about chinese (though living in Sweden it was "kinesisk" ). They were so tiny and cute! I followed them around the butterfly aviary watching their cute antics. They're only really ornamental, right?

Yes. Me again. I've been raising many different species of bird for fifty years. I'm a veritable fountain of knowledge
old.gif
-HA. Now if I could just remember what it is I'm supposed to pick up at the store on the way home for my wife.
idunno.gif

Yes. Me again. I've been raising many different species of bird for fifty years. I'm a veritable fountain of knowledge
old.gif
-HA. Now if I could just remember what it is I'm supposed to pick up at the store on the way home for my wife.
idunno.gif
lol I usually walk upstairs and forget what I was going there for, been doing that since I was in my late teens. I have the worst short term memory of everyone I know!

Back
Top Bottom