What Kind Of Rooster Is This???

You can't really do anything about the frostbite-it will fall off eventually, yes. Poor thing, that looks painful. Thanks for taking care of him! All you can do now is keep him from staying out in the winter weather and making it worse.

Do you think I should keep him inside for a couple of days? He seems to be doing alright outside he eats and drink but then he ends up going into his little house. I'm not sure if he's cold or if he's just getting use to his new habitat. I bring him inside at night, the house that he has now isn't really cold weather proof, it's just an old dog house. He's all buy himself now... once I get a hen for him I think that'll perk up his spirits haha.

I uploaded it to my folder for her. Cute little man! Maybe a mixed breed with some Dutch or Old English Game in there, but I'm not that good with those bantam breeds. Surely someone who knows more can tell you what he is.

348_2rrtell.jpg

Aw thanks for all of your help! He seems really lonely right now tomorrow I'm going to have to make time to get him a hen from my fathers. Have any idea how many hen's I should give him? I was thinking of an old barred hen that I have in his barn, would she be to big for him or does it not even matter?

Well, he wont care how big she is, but she may have a thing or two to say about it, LOL. A couple of hens would be good for him, but even one would be great since they can snuggle and keep each other warm. Those little guys have big attitudes so they're fine with big women; she'll be someone he can look out for and that seems to make them feel good to take care of their women.

Back
Top Bottom