What kind of wild bird is this?

Quote:
This house had not been lived in for years and the windows were green with mold. It took me all day to do the ones in the sunroom. I first used a strong ammonia (lemon-scented ) and water mixture to wash them. I would do a little section at a time and my wash rag would be black and I would have to rinse it.
Took several washings per side per window. Then after I got them clean I used Windex and paper towels. It literally took me all day.

Sadly they were crystal clear and with a mirrored wall on the other side, the poor Cardinals were really flying into them. Luckily most of them get up eventually and fly away but not all. One left a large splat of red feathers on window it hit so hard. I've left them there - sort of as a warning to other birds.
sad.png

Mine haven't been touched in awhile and due to the humidity there is a build up of mold, dirt, and dead bugs (yuck!).

Sorry about your birds, I guess your windows don't have screens covering them? Maybe you could buy a light tint application? If you do get the hawk stickers mentioned earlier, I hope they work. I know what you mean about dreading that "thump" sound. I was at work one afternoon by myself and heard it. It startled me good. The bird that hit the glass door lay on the ground for a good while but eventually got up and flew off.

Back
Top Bottom