What Kind?

sbohlar

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2015
Texas
Can someone tell me what kind of ducks I have. I know the white is female. Pekin?? I have no idea about the other. Thanks for the help

She has little specks of black. Her bill is black. She is very fast and always on the move. My other duck keeps up with her for a little while then it goes back to the pen and she stays around only because she does not want to be alone. She was running around our community, lonely quacking all the time so I had my husband find another duck for a friend. I dont know if the other is female or male.

Last edited:
The white one could be a silver Swedish... people forget about those.

The other duck I think is male, from the dark head to what looks like drake feathers.

Last edited:
My white one lays one egg a day and it is white and just a little bigger than a large chicken egg.

She has laid several eggs in the pool!! Does anyone know why she did this. I through the eggs away because I did not know if they would still be good or not.

If it lays eggs in the pool it probably is a white runner. Runner ducks don't usually have any mothering instincts, so she will just lay them wherever she happens to be. You can leave her in the coop until about 9 o clock in the morning and then let her out. By then she will have laid her egg inside the coop.

If it lays eggs in the pool it probably is a white runner. Runner ducks don't usually have any mothering instincts, so she will just lay them wherever she happens to be. You can leave her in the coop until about 9 o clock in the morning and then let her out. By then she will have laid her egg inside the coop.
Laying in the pool has no relevance to breed.

Ducks tend to lay eggs wherever they are unlike chickens. This is especially true if she is just starting to lay. I've been thankful that I've only found one egg in the pond and that was this week. How early are they going out? I watch to see how many heads I see at the door before letting them out. If I'm missing a duck usually she is in her corner laying and I will leave them locked up a bit longer.

I was under the impression only runners did this, maybe not. My ducks always make a nest and cover their eggs. Even if I let them out to graze early, they will go back in and lay in their nesting area. Is this uncommon? Do my ducks think they are chickens?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom