What kinda Goose am I?

erijn5

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
South Central IL
Another impulse buy got me again!!!
big_smile.png
We bought the goose at a poulty sale yesterday! They said it was a girl , but I'm just making sure. And also what is it exactly? Any good guesses? She about 20lbs. DH says.

She is overly friendly, and loves to follow me and my son around!
wink.png
She just chats away to you when your walking around, she or should I be calling it an it, was a pretty awesome purchase. We call her the Golden Goose, Because if my son hadn't fell in love with her immediately, we def. would have not paid a whole $42 for that Goose!!! Oh well...So now we have Daisy!!

10112_d3.jpg

10112_d2.jpg

10112_d1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
how can you tell, I was looking for the tail feather that flips up like a Pekin, but it does not have that....so how can you tell, so maybe I can get a mate?

Quote:
how can you tell, I was looking for the tail feather that flips up like a Pekin, but it does not have that....so how can you tell, so maybe I can get a mate?

I raise toulouse also. It looks just like my males. The body size is too large for it to be a female.

Also, what does its voice sound like? Very low pitched, or high pitched.

Quote:

I raise toulouse also. It looks just like my males. The body size is too large for it to be a female.

High pitched, and she is a chatty kathy...
tongue.png
another thing is that after I got the name from people I looked up images,,,so does the males have a little pouchy looking thing under it's neck by the throat kinda like a chicken? Because this one does not have one.

How much do you think it was worth, being so friendly and all...was it worth $42? I would assume not but the expression on my little boys face when he found it, it was going home with us was PRICELESS!!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:

High pitched, and she is a chatty kathy...
tongue.png
another thing is that after I got the name from people I looked up images,,,so does the males have a little pouchy looking thing under it's neck by the throat kinda like a chicken? Because this one does not have one.

How much do you think it was worth, being so friendly and all...was it worth $42? I would assume not but the expression on my little boys face when he found it, it was going home with us was PRICELESS!!!!
big_smile.png

Yup, its a male. Males have high pitches voices, and females have low deep voices. There are non dewlap and dewlap varieties of Toulouse. yours is a non dewlap.

Back
Top Bottom