What luck...*ANOTHER* broody!

One of my young hens decided to go broody. Every day for a week she'd be sitting on the eggs, and I'd take them out from under her. Finally I gave in and left her 7 eggs. The very next day I went out ot the coop and she was sitting on DIFFERENT eggs!
barnie.gif
Not sure if I should take them all away until a later date, but I just moved her to the original eggs...though they were cold so I'm not sure if they're any good or not.
roll.png

I have a few broodys myself. Just this past weekend I had a BO pullet hatch out 8 BO and BOx chicks. Now I have another one that went broody a few days ago. She seemed really determined so I gave in and gave her 10 eggs. To top it all off last night I noticed one of the girls in the nest box. They never sleep in them so around here it is a sign they are getting broody. She was still in the box this morning and didnt leave to eat so I put her outside and she headed right back to her eggs
roll.png

I dont care though! They can hatch all the babys they want!
jumpy.gif
Its contagious!
yippiechickie.gif

tongue.gif
I have no broodies.

You can send the other one to me.
smile.png

I'll be hatching more eggs next week though. I figure the more I hatch, the more chance I'll have of getting a broody. Started with 7 chickens last Feb, now I have 18 and more eggs going in the bator. Sooner or later I WILL HAVE A BROODY.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel sorry for you!!!!!!!!!! I have 7 broody hens, you should hear the noise coming from my coop when the non broody hens are trying to get into the nest boxes to lay.

Quote:
LOL I can only imagine!! The noises they make sound like they belong in a Jurassic Park movie!

I only kept 5 laying backyard hens and more than half are broody...and to top it off I have 40+ eggs in the bator LOL. I dont need any more chickies!

Quote:
Sending you broody vibes!

Hey, you might be close enough to save me on shipping!
wink.png

Quote:
Sounds like a good time for me to go on a road trip
big_smile.png
.......There was a time, but sadly those days are gone, or maybe just on hold 'till the kiddos are a bit older. Oh well, the idea of driving down the Interstate and suddenly being ovewelmed by the toxic substance that is broody poo is a little intimidating anyhow. Do you think the traffic cop would buy that excuse---I'm really sorry officer, but I had to make it to the next off ramp and clean this up asap before the smell overwelmed me and caused an accident. I know I was going 95, but..........

Quote:
Sounds like a good time for me to go on a road trip
big_smile.png
.......There was a time, but sadly those days are gone, or maybe just on hold 'till the kiddos are a bit older. Oh well, the idea of driving down the Interstate and suddenly being ovewelmed by the toxic substance that is broody poo is a little intimidating anyhow. Do you think the traffic cop would buy that excuse---I'm really sorry officer, but I had to make it to the next off ramp and clean this up asap before the smell overwelmed me and caused an accident. I know I was going 95, but..........

OMG broody poo has to be the worst...
sickbyc.gif
Just thinking about it makes me gag!!

LOL any cop that approached your window and smelled THAT would definitely let you off the hook...heck, he'd run back to his car!

Quote:
Haha! I have this happen to me too...you spend so much time there is no way its getting deleted LOL

Good luck with mommy and her baby quail! How exciting!

Back
Top Bottom