What made you happy today?

Pics
Had a dear friend stay overnight at my house. I thought I might never see her again after we moved because she is elderly and lives several states away. She told me once that when she got married she thought three kids was a good number. Her husband only wanted two, so they didn't have any more. But she told me that she realized a couple months ago that she has a third daughter: me.
🥰😭

Had a dear friend stay overnight at my house. I thought I might never see her again after we moved because she is elderly and lives several states away. She told me once that when she got married she thought three kids was a good number. Her husband only wanted two, so they didn't have any more. But she told me that she realized a couple months ago that she has a third daughter: me.
🥰😭
Love is not limited by blood - 'Friends are the family we make for ourselves.'

Probably something close to your heart, since I've seen you mention your "daughter" before.
It also reminded me of a fine young man I used to work with. I once said to him, "Simon, if I'd had a son and he turned out just like you, I would feel very happy and blessed."

And he replied, "Sally, that means a lot to me."

Remembering that makes me happy. :)

It also reminded me of a fine young man I used to work with. I once said to him, "Simon, if I'd had a son and he turned out just like you, I would feel very happy and blessed."

And he replied, "Sally, that means a lot to me."

Remembering that makes me happy. :)
That is so sweet. 💕 I bet he was very grateful that you said that.
I remember when I worked retail, a manager went out of her way one day to compliment me on how good my work ethic was. I appreciate it that she took the time to tell me that.

Back
Top Bottom