What made you happy today?

Pics
20210821_004522.jpg
my 15 yr old cat, Napoleon, looking cute

DH brought home a couple 4x8 skids, one for each of us. My skid is now 21 separate boards and a bunch of nails in the wastebasket. It's going to be chicken furniture. :thumbsup I'm going to start with a table to go next to the plastic chair I got at a store yesterday. I was sure I wasn't going to find one, being about 3 months past time to buy those.

Yesterday evening, I went to the wedding of a dear friend (over 65). It was the perfect wedding and reception - small, casual, stress free, just be yourself. I loved it. the reception was a sit down dinner at a small restaurant that was rented for the event. Everyone was able to sit where you wanted at tables pushed together, visit around, dinner was great, company was perfect- everyone laughing and talking, kids were there, but they were having a good time too- not stuck in a chair on their good manners. Today, I sat around like a big old hound dog (after effect of new york strip steak, champagne, cake?)

Yesterday evening, I went to the wedding of a dear friend (over 65). It was the perfect wedding and reception - small, casual, stress free, just be yourself. I loved it. the reception was a sit down dinner at a small restaurant that was rented for the event. Everyone was able to sit where you wanted at tables pushed together, visit around, dinner was great, company was perfect- everyone laughing and talking, kids were there, but they were having a good time too- not stuck in a chair on their good manners. Today, I sat around like a big old hound dog (after effect of new york strip steak, champagne, cake?)
I love those events! They're are especially precious since we couldn't for last year. Enjoy your nap on porch houndog :gig

I built a small table for my chicken run out of wood from a skid my DH brought home from work. I have plans to build more stuff too. I've just started learning how to work with wood, and I am really enjoying it.

Hubby has built a lot of stuff: the chicken coop, our bed, our couch, my desk, the garden shed, the greenhouse... So he has a lot of experience. And a lot of tools. And the patience to teach me.

Attachments

• IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    987.6 KB · Views: 1
I built a small table for my chicken run out of wood from a skid my DH brought home from work. I have plans to build more stuff too. I've just started learning how to work with wood, and I am really enjoying it.

Hubby has built a lot of stuff: the chicken coop, our bed, our couch, my desk, the garden shed, the greenhouse... So he has a lot of experience. And a lot of tools. And the patience to teach me.
And I tell you, working a project with your honey is the best feeling

Back
Top Bottom