What makes your coop unique??

equusvilla

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
South Texas
Show me (or tell me) what you have done - either for function, looks, artistic wise or other to make your chicken coop unique.
tongue.png

Not another one like it anywhere. I didn't copy anyone's coop, but I did take what I think are the best ideas I saw other folks use in their coops Never had a written plan, just built it using materials I had on hand after building the house. Lots of windows, loft, commercial style watering system, auto door with predator proof lock, enclosed run, roll-out exterior nest boxes, permanent power 4 interior outlets (two switched), and an exterior outlet.

0410001826.jpg

0410001636.jpg

0410001540.jpg

0331002043.jpg

0330002046a.jpg

I also have an electric fence.

Last edited:
Mine went from one shed/coop with an attached 8 ft high run, to a chicken/duck compound LoL. 7 coops with 8 ft high runs all attached to each other with doors leading into each one. Like a funhouse you can see out of LoL

Quote:
Bucket holds 5 gallons of water. 1/2" pvc pipe leads into 2" pipe that goes into the coop through the wall and feeds the watering system. There will be a gutter on the back of the coop that supplies water to the bucket, and any extra overflows to the ditch.

As it is, a bucket lasts about 2 weeks, as I provide additional water for the chickens outside.

I got sloppy with the glue, hence the blue on white motif. I am never stingy with glue.

Last edited:
My husband built me this huge metal trough under the perches... So all I have to do is take a hose in there and wash out the poo. It has a little door and a lip outside for a bucket to be under to catch the poo for compost. I should post pictures... Its a really ingenious idea. And he came up with it all by him self! I like being married to a contractor because we build together on the coops. He didn't even complain when I said I wanted ANOTHER coop to house my growing addiction. So we are starting on coop #2!

Quote:
We MUST see your metal droppings trough, can you post some pictures?!! (leave it to chicken folks to get excited about a poop disposal system!)

Quote:
We MUST see your metal droppings trough, can you post some pictures?!! (leave it to chicken folks to get excited about a poop disposal system!)

Ok I'll try and put some up tomorrow. I just have a blackberry so I'll try to get on my dads computer tomorrow and post em up
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom