What Med. to use for infection

As someone said above, green is not always a bad sign. Green and smelly usually is, but green is also the color the body's defenses (white blood cells etc) turn when they win against an infection. Yellow/cream/white/grey are the colors you really don't want to see on a wound; those are the colors that indicate a losing battle against infection and tissue death.

Quote:
I could not find it online. And everything I read said that the FDA banned it in chickens. Do you know where I could find it?

Hey. I've actually never purchased it online. I'm paranoid about buying meds online because you can't verify what you're actually getting. I did do a quick search and the only online stores I found that sold it required a prescription. If you don't have any luck with other options, use Baytril as your backup. The meds are bit pricey (I paid about $50 bucks for a 10-day supply). Plus, you'll need to pay for the vet to get the prescription. I ended up paying $110 total. I know a lot of people don't like paying for veterinary care for their chickens though, so that's why I say to use it as a back up. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

Back
Top Bottom