What mix breed is the roo?

Mozz

Hatching
9 Years
May 25, 2010
Ne PA
I am very new to birds so bear with me. Need help finding out what type of mix this bird is. The owner was a older gentlemen and i think he said rhode island red and something else.
r1.jpg

I don't think he was a project of any kind. The old owner has chickens running all over his place. I can almost bet they breed with whatever hens are there by chance. He lets them run and they go into a barn type building at night. He has egg layers in a separate coop. I'm fairly sure he is 1 year old the end of this summer, has 2 or 3 brothers also, which might be looking for homes too.

All my bantam hens came from a farm like that, so I can only ID a few breeds out of the little hens, but they've been excellent egg layers and mothers so far. Your roo is GORGEOUS, look at all that red!!!!!

I don't see the GLW connection at all? Different comb, feathers do not have the outside edge painting as on a Wyandotte. The chances are he is from rather common birds such as RIR and plymouth or barred rock or RIR and speckled sussex. When i get home from work i will take some better pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom