What mix/breed is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LastChanceRanch, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Here is a pic of a young cockrel from my backyard flock. Our rooster is an old english game bantam [​IMG] and our hens were buff Os, RIR and EE. Which mix do ya'll think he is? He's starting to be very cool looking, just curious.

SEE MY SECOND POST BELOW FOR THE BETTER PIC, I REMOVED THIS ONE CAUSE SO BLURRY! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    He looks a lot like my EE roo... Are those puffy cheeks I see? If so, the EEs would be the only ones on your list that could produce them [​IMG] here's my boy... His cheeks are black and super puffy - really sticks out in person [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

colors are the same, but your boy has the dark legs and a straight comb rather than a rose comb, which is what my guy has. Very handsome guy you've got!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  3. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I agree it's mom was an EE. Are his legs slate/green? It looks like it in the pic.

4. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Here is a clearer picture of him. his legs are a greenish/blue color. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    Sorry forgot can't go by the leg color because lots of OEG's have dark legs. I still think OEG and EE mix though! It's the puffy cheeks!

6. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Sand Hill sells Bearded Old English

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by