What Moves You?

Quote:
That one kills me every time 'cuz I've had too many dreams of singing it at Ol Granny, etc. services... oh and Old Rugged Cross, they played that at Gran's and the dern thing haunts me.

I can fix that for you.
smile.png
When I was a kid I had a dream about Evil Knievel. For some reason in the dream I was at my very proper grandmother's house with Evil Knievel. Her house had a straight shot from the very nice living room through a smaller cross through room to the den. The den was about 3' lower than the rest of the house. In my dream there was a wall across the stairs to the den and a ramp (with some freaky forced perspective going on). Evil Knievel raced from the living room up the ramp and off into the den. There was a horrible fireball and a wall of smoke. And then Amazing Grace played on a bagpipe. Yes, yes... I was a very strange child. To this day I cannot sing Amazing Grace without thinking of Evil Knievel. It is purely an embarrassment to sit next to me in church. Don't even get me started on the song "In the Garden". It is impossible for my sister and I to get through that one without snorting with laughter (made even more impossible by the fact that our mother says every time we dissolve in giggles "Now, girls..." and launches into a lecture. My sister and I are hovering around 40 years old.)

I must admit to falling apart at the fireman service. It gets me in the gut. My BIL is a fireman, so that makes it worse.
hit.gif

Well, if we are allowed to bring religion into this thread I might add to my list something else that moves me. I'm moved to anger and tears when I realise that no deity is willing or able to prevent child abuse.

Quote:
This could off on a whole new tangent, but I feel that pain. His name is Robert and he is 3 years old and has never seen a doctor and his mother is flat out refusing to give us the right to treat him.

The song Baby Mine from Dumbo. Especially when I'm holding my little ones.
Hearing The Star Spangled Banner always chokes me up with pride.

Quote:
This could off on a whole new tangent, but I feel that pain. His name is Robert and he is 3 years old and has never seen a doctor and his mother is flat out refusing to give us the right to treat him.

While I deff agree with you ThaiTurkey...worse than sad...
Debi--WHAT? What is her reasoning for this? Is it physical abuse & she's afraid he will be taken away from her? An anonymous call is all it takes, whether it's to a child protective agency or the police...at least for starters.

Quote:

While I deff agree with you ThaiTurkey...worse than sad...
Debi--WHAT? What is her reasoning for this? Is it physical abuse & she's afraid he will be taken away from her? An anonymous call is all it takes, whether it's to a child protective agency or the police...at least for starters.

Tiger, CPS has been called multiple times. Her reasoning is that she worships drugs over taking care of her child. Though we have made it clear she can call the authorities now because we are not giving him back until she has completed REAL rehab. She is afraid he will be taken, because if he is taken, she wont have an income. Whoops. Sorry honey, he isn't going back to you!!!! I need a lawyer.

Quote:
May the Universe bless both of you with the good kharma that you deserve.

Here's something else that once moved me. I was in a Woolworths' store in England and saw a girl of about eight years sitting on a table in the garden furniture display crying her little eyes out. Her mother was shaking a finger in the girl's face, poking her aggressive face close to hers and yelling, 'What are you crying for?' I was moved to say, 'If you behaved towards me like that at her age I would have cried too'. I was also moved to get the hell out of the store in case the mother turned on me! I noticed that grandmother was already several steps ahead of me as she made her own embarrassed escape.

Quote:
Every little helps these children. I hope that you have some legal grounds for keeping him otherwise he might be taken back to his dysfunctional mother.

In Britain at least the authorities have a reputation for ignoring the warning signs until a little dead and beaten body is discovered.

One of the things that makes my heart melt is sifting through the oodles of artwork, poems, schoolwork etc. that I saved from when my children were little. I have every single birthday card, mother's day card, Christmas card, just because card that my kids made. Every lop-sided clay pot, every trivet, every potholder.... I love looking through them and all the pictures too.

On a bigger picture level... recognizing that as small as I am in this huge universe God has made, He still loves me and provides for all my needs (even when I am not the best of His children).
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom