what other birds can be housed with Red Golden Pheasants?

Best to house them on their own. They will kill and eat smaller birds - or their young. The males will try to mate with any other ground birds - like quail (and doves that can not fly).

You could try to ducks, but they are messy and the pheasants will very well kill the ducklings, or the pheasant chicks may drown in the ducks water bath / pond.

to play it safe, if you want other birds, then build the new birds their own aviary or cage.

I've been wondering about Mandarin Ducks with RGs. What's your opinion on that, Tony?
Ducks require water so your pen will always be wet and messy.If your pen is big ebough to have a pond at one end and plenty of room for the pheasants it would be okay.Say a pen around 50' long with a small 6x8 pond would look real nice with shrubs and grasses planted.
In N.H.,Tony.

Tony would a 12x8 pen work for most pheasants if they are only kept in pairs. I only have red, yellow goldens, lady amhersts, silvers, ringnecks, reeves, elliots

Tony what kind of cover do i need for the hens. If possible im going to let my hens set their own eggs.I have already caught my yellow female eating her eggs but i think i can get her to stop when i get her into a bigger pen with some cover

Tony what kind of cover do i need for the hens. If possible im going to let my hens set their own eggs.I have already caught my yellow female eating her eggs but i think i can get her to stop when i get her into a bigger pen with some cover
Evergreens are good for cover.I have aboratives planted in my new pens along with x mas trees.Bamboo & grasses always make a pen look nice.Sometimes just a pile of branches will make a nice hiding place for hens to lay their eggs.
In N.H.,Tony.

Would 1 Red Golden rooster, 3 red golden hens, and a few quail feel crowded in a 10'x20' enclosure with decent cover?

Thanks!
Cooper

what about a pair of golden eagles
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom