What other birds can live with pair of budgies in same cage?

I've heard of other people housing budgies with other species, but it isn't recommended.
What are the genders of your current budgies? How big is your cage?

Budgies are very small and anything to much bigger then them could end up with the budgies getting hurt (intentionally or accidentally). If you were to get another bird, I've heard people house cockatiels, bourke's (may be hard to find), and I think maybe finches? with budgies. You need to be prepared for the fact that they may be aggressive towards each other and will need to stay separate.

I've heard of other people housing budgies with other species, but it isn't recommended.
What are the genders of your current budgies? How big is your cage?

Budgies are very small and anything to much bigger then them could end up with the budgies getting hurt (intentionally or accidentally). If you were to get another bird, I've heard people house cockatiels, bourke's (may be hard to find), and I think maybe finches? with budgies. You need to be prepared for the fact that they may be aggressive towards each other and will need to stay separate.
They are pair, male and female. Im aware of aggression for female. Cage is 90cm width, 50cm depth and 50cm height, they get out every day for about one hour. I wanted actually to have babies from my pair but no luck, they had everything, good diet, light, peace, female was in condition few times but no luck. They had 3 nest boxes, on on bottom of cage, one at top left and one from outside. No luck. At first they had one normal outside nest box but they just chew on it. I don't know what to do.

They are pair, male and female. Im aware of aggression for female. Cage is 90cm width, 50cm depth and 50cm height, they get out every day for about one hour.
IMO, that cage is barely big enough for what you have in it, and it would be a bad idea to put another species with budgies because they will probably just end up hurting each other.

They are pair, male and female. Im aware of aggression for female. Cage is 90cm width, 50cm depth and 50cm height, they get out every day for about one hour. I wanted actually to have babies from my pair but no luck, they had everything, good diet, light, peace, female was in condition few times but no luck. They had 3 nest boxes, on on bottom of cage, one at top left and one from outside. No luck. At first they had one normal outside nest box but they just chew on it. I don't know what to do.

That cage size is not big enough to add anything to it, even if you let them out for an hour a day like you said

I agree with the rest that you shouldn't add any others to your cage. If you really want to breed budgies, you will need to know what you will do with the babies. When I used to breed budgies, I found they do best as colony breeders, in a very large cage or aviary. Another pair of budgies, in a SEPARATE cage, in the same room may encourage your current pair. Also, make sure you really have a pair. Some colors, such as white or lutino, can have very pale ceres in the males, and can be mistaken for female.

You can mix certain individual budgies with individuals of some other bird species in aviaries. Raising one baby budgie with another type of parrot usually works well as they will bond early on.

There is no rule as to which bird species get along. Some will and some will kill each other.

Back
Top Bottom