What pets do you have besides chickens? Take the poll!

What pet besides chickens do you have?

• Total voters
DSC01892.JPG

We have 16 chickens, too many Japanese quail to count - at least 30, 8 Button quail, 1 dog, 3 cats, currently 12 Java finches with one Java on 7 fertile eggs due to hatch any day now, 10 Society finches (one on a nest of 5 eggs that aren't that far along), and 10 Bourkes parakeets. 7 of our Java finches are hand reared, the older 3 because it was the parents first time and they weren't coping (the male wasn't helping out at all), and the younger 4 because we had a mouse breaking into the aviary (squeezing through the 1/4 inch hardware cloth) and eating babies feet. One hardly has any toes and it's a miracle he survived (he was so pale from blood loss when I brought them inside at a day old), but he's the sweetest little thing who loves us and often chases the others off if they think they are going to sit on us too!

Here's Stumpy:
Stumpy.jpg

Stumpy.jpg

Some of the others, one of them older and almost finished his molt into adult colours:
Hiccup and littlies.jpg

Most of my animals also aren't pets, but I listed them anyway. Lol
I do pet my dog(GP)----but she stays with the chickens about 1/2 mile from my home---so I guess she is the chickens pet??? I found out a long time ago---its Always best to not make Pets out of your future food---(other than the dog and cats---they protect the food---LOL).

Back
Top Bottom