What poultry product do you wish you had?

Lost Shirley, approx 8 year old EE last month so down to 8... I gave away an oz each to folks with small flock but when I bought the 8oz bottle I kept thinking that some of these things would be great to be available in smaller sizes.
How big is your coop?

Is a wet mash the same thing as fermented feed? Can you leave either one available for days without them going sour, or do you have to provide fresh daily?

Is a wet mash the same thing as fermented feed? Can you leave either one available for days without them going sour, or do you have to provide fresh daily?
Wet mash is not fermented and will ferment or mold if not replaced every other day.
Fermented feed is fermented and will simply ferment more if not replaced. Fermented feed is sour by nature.

The wet mash I feed in the morning ferments by afternoon and the chickens seem to like it better at that point. In summer, I feel this ferment will get too 'sharp' if left for more than one day so I don't mix up more than a day's worth.

The wet mash I feed in the morning ferments by afternoon and the chickens seem to like it better at that point. In summer, I feel this ferment will get too 'sharp' if left for more than one day so I don't mix up more than a day's worth.

Sounds like a plan. Don't want any drunk chickens wobbling about. JK, I suppose it would be really bad for them.

Sounds like a plan. Don't want any drunk chickens wobbling about. JK, I suppose it would be really bad for them.
lactic acid fermentation (the kind used to produce ff) does not produce alcohol. It produces probiotics.
Now, if that food were to get moldy.... then you have a major issue.

It doesn't. Industry scam.

All it does is prevent the bird from showing symptoms, it does not prevent the bird from contracting the virus.
Still valuable. Bird should have at least partial immune stimulation, and a lesser degree of illness, much less chance of death.

Back
Top Bottom