What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
she was given to me for free so I don't have any papers. she came from a bad situation. But I would love to show her. I could always enter in the mixed rabbit category. It's just a local farm show, nothing fancy.

Ohh ok I see, yea who knows. Like I said I don't know too much about showing. When I was younger I went to some with a breeder in my area at the time who showed hers and her daughter's 4-H group was there as well. But it's been over 10 years since then and I can't remember what all the rules were. If its a local farm show then I'm sure they're not as strict as an actually solitary rabbit show.

You don't need a pedigree to enter a rabbit into a show, but you do need one to register your rabbit with the ARBA.
As for your rabbit's type, it would be hard to judge without her being properly posed.

I have a few questions of my own. I'm a little confused on how to verbalize rabbit colors. Here's my train of thought so far.
The variety is the color of the rabbit, like opal, lynx, pointed white, blue, chocolate, etc. But, what do I call the color within the color, for example, my rabbit may be pointed white, but he is a black pointed white. What is the black pointed white version of the color called? Is it still called the variety?
Is each color within the color it's own recognized color? Like, if someone asks me all the colors of a Mini Lop, should I say: Black Chinchilla, Chocolate Chinchilla, Lilac Chinchilla, Sable Chinchilla, Smoke Chinchilla, Black Chestnut Agouti, Chocolate Chestnut Agouti, etc... Or do I just say: Chinchilla, Chestnut Agouti, Broken,Tri-Colored, Pointed White, etc...?
Sorry I'm not making much sense, I hope someone can understand my gibberish.

I doubt you'll need a pedigree - even the ARBA doesn't ask for one just to enter a show. However, you will have to get the sneezing under control. That is an automatic DQ. An odd sneeze here or there isn't a worry, but if your animal is heard to be sneezing repeatedly, you may get asked to remove her from the showroom.

I have a few questions of my own. I'm a little confused on how to verbalize rabbit colors. Here's my train of thought so far.
The variety is the color of the rabbit, like opal, lynx, pointed white, blue, chocolate, etc. But, what do I call the color within the color, for example, my rabbit may be pointed white, but he is a black pointed white. What is the black pointed white version of the color called? Is it still called the variety?
Is each color within the color it's own recognized color? Like, if someone asks me all the colors of a Mini Lop, should I say: Black Chinchilla, Chocolate Chinchilla, Lilac Chinchilla, Sable Chinchilla, Smoke Chinchilla, Black Chestnut Agouti, Chocolate Chestnut Agouti, etc... Or do I just say: Chinchilla, Chestnut Agouti, Broken,Tri-Colored, Pointed White, etc...?
I like this girl's website when referring to colors...

http://www.rebeccasrabbitry.com/minilopcolorguide.html

Basically you have color "groups" and within those groups you have a variety of colors. So if you had a pointed white, thats what you would call him, and if someone said what color? You would say Black. Make sense? So yes, IMO, if someone were to ask what the colors were I would say Chinchilla, Agouti, Broken, etc. I'm following your gibberish... :)

oh okay! this might be a stupid question. But do you need any form of papers or anything to enter in a local farm show? And is she a good quality? she is only about 3 or 4 months.
See I knew others would chime, looks like you're good as far as wanting to show!
smile.png

Most people assume black as the base color, so saying a "black chestnut" is kind of redundant. A Chocolate base is a little different, so yes, you'd call that a chocolate chestnut (some call that color cinnamon). When entering an animal in a class, it isn't completely necessary to spell it all out, as long as the color is accepted ("pointed white" is enough, you wouldn't need to specify blue, for example). On a pedigree, where the next owner finds such information useful, it is a good idea to list the complete color (blue pointed white).

I doubt you'll need a pedigree - even the ARBA doesn't ask for one just to enter a show. However, you will have to get the sneezing under control. That is an automatic DQ. An odd sneeze here or there isn't a worry, but if your animal is heard to be sneezing repeatedly, you may get asked to remove her from the showroom.

the sneezing stopped.they havent sneezed all day. I believe it was the bedding that was being used. how do I properly pose her?

I'm actually competing in rabbit showmanship. That's why I'm wondering the colors.
If the judge asks me for the accepted colors, should I say Chocolate (or Cinnamon) Chestnut, or just Chestnut?

Back
Top Bottom