What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Very nice! Nice cage set up too! I need to make another cage. You know....rabbits would be so much easier to keep if you could keep more than 1 to a cage! Now that I took the kits away to wean from the mother I'm sure I won't be able to place this frosty doe back in with the mother.
roll.png
I really hate that each rabbit has to be kept alone, you would think they'd be happier living in pairs. Even the males.
I agree. That's what's so great about chickens- you can keep several in one coop! With rabbits, you have to buy/build a new cage for every one...

Very nice! Nice cage set up too! I need to make another cage. You know....rabbits would be so much easier to keep if you could keep more than 1 to a cage! Now that I took the kits away to wean from the mother I'm sure I won't be able to place this frosty doe back in with the mother.
roll.png
I really hate that each rabbit has to be kept alone, you would think they'd be happier living in pairs. Even the males.
R Right now I have an 8 week old in with a 6 week old and they are really good together. Will that change or do some get along? One is a doe and the other a buck, but I am going to neuter the boy. Also, before she had a litter, the one year old was very compatible with the 8 week old but now she tries to hump the two young ones.

R

Right now I have an 8 week old in with a 6 week old and they are really good together. Will that change or do some get along? One is a doe and the other a buck, but I am going to neuter the boy. Also, before she had a litter, the one year old was very compatible with the 8 week old but now she tries to hump the two young ones.
It may Shane because of hormones u should get both of them fixed.:)

R

Right now I have an 8 week old in with a 6 week old and they are really good together. Will that change or do some get along? One is a doe and the other a buck, but I am going to neuter the boy. Also, before she had a litter, the one year old was very compatible with the 8 week old but now she tries to hump the two young ones.

Some rabbits can get along fine in a cage together. I think a big step to helping them live together peacefully is making sure they have a large cage.
Mounting is just dominance. My "old granny doe" still chases her 2 neutered sons around the run trying to mount them. After she feels they've learned their lesson, she proceeds to snuggle up next to them for a nap.
Your doe has not seen the two younger rabbits in a while and is probably just trying to reestablish her dominance. Since the two are only 8 weeks old, I think it's best they don't live permanently with the older doe till they are bigger. There is hope for them getting along again.

Cute! I love the dewlap on one of them!

LOL I KNOW its so huge.....I dont know if its just me but these NZ are so CHUNKY and meaty!!! maybe Im just not used to this breed? lol...Thanks everyone for the nice comments....I like the way I built the cage...They involve alittle more work because the bottom is all wood...but I like em wood...I hope they both Kindle...it would make me very happy...The Doe with the smaller dewlap kindled 3 kits last time, that was the reason why he gave her too me (he runs a huge rabbitry and needs better producing does) and the second one produced 6 last time.....Its all good with me as long as they both kindle Ill be happier than a pig in...you know what lol

Tha
Some rabbits can get along fine in a cage together. I think a big step to helping them live together peacefully is making sure they have a large cage.
Mounting is just dominance. My "old granny doe" still chases her 2 neutered sons around the run trying to mount them. After she feels they've learned their lesson, she proceeds to snuggle up next to them for a nap.
Your doe has not seen the two younger rabbits in a while and is probably just trying to reestablish her dominance. Since the two are only 8 weeks old, I think it's best they don't live permanently with the older doe till they are bigger. There is hope for them getting along again.
nks

Thanks for the replies. I'll follow your advice. Yea I could tell it wasn't good to have the young ones with the older one right now. She's too much bigger. I read a lot of genetics stuff on here. Sorry it was over my head. Basic question: can you mate a son to a mother if you are going to stop right there and not mate any more?

Tha
nks

Thanks for the replies. I'll follow your advice. Yea I could tell it wasn't good to have the young ones with the older one right now. She's too much bigger. I read a lot of genetics stuff on here. Sorry it was over my head. Basic question: can you mate a son to a mother if you are going to stop right there and not mate any more?
Reply to ur question. Yes I have done it plenty of times

Whats a good cleaner for wooden frame outdoor hutches? I normally use boiling water, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. I also use Lysol anytime a rabbit is sick (Very unoften thankfully)... Any other cleaners okay for rabbits? I've herd of using a handheld blowtorch for all wire cages would it work for wood?

Coo
Reply to ur question. Yes I have done it plenty of times
l

Cool. Thanks. One more question : my bunny "bites" me, but she doesn't seem stressed at the time and it does not seem to be aggressive and I can barely feel it. Do bunnies sometimes do this affectionately or is this the warning that she will get worse and be a biter? She is 1 year old. I have only had her a couple of months. I had a biting rabbit and don't want another one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom