What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
I really handled them and non feel likevthry will, but I will keep a very close eye on them.

Is there anything I should do for her? She isn't bleeding or anything out of the ordinary. Her milk hasn't come in yet.

I had given a rabbit to a girl I work with. I told her to check her rabbit. It was pulling hair. She gave it a next box. Neither of us are used to bunnies in the winter. What special precautions need to be made. Its dropping down in the 20's at night and some times in the teens here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was wanting to know. Is this a torte? I was wanting to breed her to a broken black and I was wondering what color kits would they have? sorry if there's an obvious answer to this question but I am fairly new to this.

I think it's a tortoise, but someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As far as babies go, I'm not sure what colors they would produce. Bunnylady knows all about genetics. She could give you the best answer.

K Epp - sorry for the miss hap. Many of us are learning through our mistakes and thankfully others share enough info for us to avoid repeating their mistakes as well. This forum is great support for those of us that are new. Happy new year to all.

So my holland kindled today! 4 babies, one dead (not sure if DOA or what). And then there's this one. Does it look like a peanut to you? I'm not a sure if both parents are true dwarves, but I think they might be /:

I texted a breeder friend (though I'm not entirely sure how reliable she is) and she says it'll probably catch up. It's just so small, I'm concerned it might be a peanut.

I'm fairly new to rabbits so I apologize if this is a silly question. if I breed a Holland Lop to a double main lion head, would I get lion lop babies or would the babies just be considered mutts? Could they be shown or would they be just good as pets? Any knowledge and oppinions would be much appreciated.

So my holland kindled today! 4 babies, one dead (not sure if DOA or what). And then there's this one. Does it look like a peanut to you? I'm not a sure if both parents are true dwarves, but I think they might be /:

I texted a breeder friend (though I'm not entirely sure how reliable she is) and she says it'll probably catch up. It's just so small, I'm concerned it might be a peanut.
True dwarfs don't just throw true dwarfs and peanuts, they also have false dwarf babies. Sometimes, there is a noticeable difference in size between the true dwarfs and false dwarfs at birth; it's possible that this is the only true dwarf in the litter. It is also possible that it is just small. A peanut isn't just small, it's weird looking. I had a friend who called them "camel babies" because their heads are oddly shaped; they reminded her of camel heads. The hind quarters of a peanut are usually underdeveloped. The hind legs are often tiny, and may even be paralyzed. This kit appears to have normal proportions from this angle; I'm voting on it just being small. Check to make sure it is getting fed; sometimes the small ones get pushed aside by their larger, stronger siblings. Congrats on the litter, BTW!

I'm fairly new to rabbits so I apologize if this is a silly question. if I breed a Holland Lop to a double main lion head, would I get lion lop babies or would the babies just be considered mutts? Could they be shown or would they be just good as pets? Any knowledge and oppinions would be much appreciated.
Outcrossing a lop to a non-lop usually results in rabbits with what I call "Weeble ears," they wobble but they don't fall down. Typically, the offspring of a lop/non-lop cross have skulls that are not as narrow as that of the non-lop, but not wide enough to really make the ears fall into the vertical position. Sometimes, they go no lower than what some folks call "airplane ears" or "helicopter ears" - horizontal.

A "proper" Lion Lop is pretty much like a Holland Lop with the Lionhead double mane. Obviously, the offspring of this cross would only have single manes, which means that as adults, they probably will only have a few wisps of longer hair on their heads and ears. I'm afraid that they would fall pretty short of what most people picture as a Lion Lop, though the influence of both the Lionhead and the Lop would be clear.

Even a "good" Lion Lop can never be shown. When the Lionhead first was introduced to the ARBA standards committee, they said that they would only admit one breed with a mane. The journey to get the Lionhead accepted into the ARBA standard was long and arduous. Only one breeder can make the necessary presentation at convention each year; some of the people standing in the line to be that breeder were breeding Lion Lops. There was a chance that the official standard for the Lionhead might include Lop ears. But since the upright-eared Lionhead has finally officially become part of the standard, the Lion Lop has been shut out.

Back
Top Bottom