What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
2 or 3 babies of a small breed can have a very hard time keeping themselves warm. Even here in the relatively balmy South, I have lost litters larger than that when the temps were in the 40's. If this were my litter, I'd be bringing them in to a relatively cozy place in my house, and only taking them out to their mom to nurse - not for everyone, but it works for me.

2 or 3 babies of a small breed can have a very hard time keeping themselves warm. Even here in the relatively balmy South, I have lost litters larger than that when the temps were in the 40's. If this were my litter, I'd be bringing them in to a relatively cozy place in my house, and only taking them out to their mom to nurse - not for everyone, but it works for me.

They're mum lives in the house :) they just still seem cold lol. I put a handwarmer in their nest to warm it up and they seem fine now (I moved it out so it wouldn't burn them)

If the litter was outside I would've lost the runt.

My kids have their first big show tomorrow, we're taking our mini-rex to the ARBA state convention, so excited! We've only done fairs and expos, so this is a big jump for us. Hope our buns do well, but we understand that there will be stiff competition tomorrow. I'll be sure to take pics of any awards won! Here's our red jr. doe working on her pose.

I'm still holding at the two surviving kits. I'm happy about that. I would have been over whelmed if all 5 does had been breed. I haven't pulled them out of the nest to get another look but they will be lionlops. Both parents carry the blue eyed gene too. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

these are a few of my 11 jersey wooly babies :D they're 7 days old now :)

I am still in shock at a Jersey Wooly having 11 kits. I have a NZ x Beveren (she was over 9 lbs prior to breeding) that was bred 27 days ago. I'm quite nervous after reading your quotes
hide.gif

Earlier me and my dad made this 24x24 inch rabbit cage that was gave to us into a nice outside hutch,all the material was scrap too so it was mostly free. Always good to have another cage
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom