What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
Thank you bunny lady for the info! It is very helpful to those of us that are still learning. I did know the point breakdown, but so many others have made the uneven nose markings seem like such a big deal. But it sounds like nice type and coat would still make my two with the uneven markings showable. We have one of our 5 wk old we know has too much color, and have a pet home lined up for him for when he turns 8 wks. We are letting the other babies grow out a little more to see how they look. And no more insight into the odd color, because we have been out of town for the holiday and haven't seen them! My pet sitter is 14, and has no idea. Can't wait to get home today and check on our babies!

We picked up two new mini-rex at a show this weekend to add to our little "herd". Very happy with both of them so far, the kids are super excited!
This is the castor doe, Fawn, that my daughter will be showing. She is only 4 months, and from really great lines.

And here is the tort buck, Arthur, that my son will be working with. He is a little over a year, from a very respected breeder with good lines. He looks huge in the second pic, but it's just the awkward way my son was holding him, he is about 3lb6oz.

I'm thinking about breeding today but there are some shows coming up. My question is, if you have baby rabbits that their eyes are open and all that then can you take the mom away temporarily to take her to show?, or should she even be shown?

Thanks,
SGF1

I'm thinking about breeding today but there are some shows coming up. My question is, if you have baby rabbits that their eyes are open and all that then can you take the mom away temporarily to take her to show?, or should she even be shown?

Thanks,
SGF1

I wouldn't for health risk reasons. Too much nasty stuff at shows. How would you do a 30 day post show quarantine?
My general rule of thumb is not to show does who are more than 2 weeks bred or who haven't weaned kits.
All my seniors are currently bred so. .. for the show in 9 days I'm only taking juniors and intermediates. ;-)

I wouldn't for health risk reasons. Too much nasty stuff at shows. How would you do a 30 day post show quarantine?
My general rule of thumb is not to show does who are more than 2 weeks bred or who haven't weaned kits.
All my seniors are currently bred so. .. for the show in 9 days I'm only taking juniors and intermediates. ;-)

Ok thanks. If you don't mind me asking what show will you be going to in 9 days?, I'm in VA and some shows might be close-ish to me :)

Ok thanks. If you don't mind me asking what show will you be going to in 9 days?, I'm in VA and some shows might be close-ish to me :)

Newnan GA

Back
Top Bottom