What ratio of Durvet Electrolytes and Vitamins powder should I add to the chicken's feed?

ChickRex

Chirping
5 Years
May 15, 2015
I picked this up:

and the back says you can add it to water or feed. As the water mix needs to be refreshed daily feed seems easier to deal with assuming dry feed is okay. Has anyone added this to dry feed and what ratio did you use? The package says to add it to a ton of feed and I can math that down but I'd like to hear someone else's experiences and ratio recommendations first.

Thanks!

I wouldn't add it to feed. They're talking about someone that mixes their own feed. You'll be unlikely to get it mixed sufficiently that some won't be overdosed. The stuff is very potent.
When I did the math once I think I came up with 1/16 of a tsp per gallon of water.
You don't want to give it all the time. Chicken feed already has all the vitamins and minerals they need.
If you want to supplement occasionally (which I do for my breeders), a little mixed with their water once or twice a week is sufficient.

I wouldn't add it to feed. They're talking about someone that mixes their own feed. You'll be unlikely to get it mixed sufficiently that some won't be overdosed. The stuff is very potent.
When I did the math once I think I came up with 1/16 of a tsp per gallon of water.
You don't want to give it all the time. Chicken feed already has all the vitamins and minerals they need.
If you want to supplement occasionally (which I do for my breeders), a little mixed with their water once or twice a week is sufficient.

This is not intended for daily or casual use. The intended purpose is for birds that have, or are going through a stressful period. Long distance shipping is one such period.

Like Mrs. Canoe said it is too easy to overdose, especially when mixing it with food.

Back
Top Bottom