I make mine plain and simple:
Russet Potatoes
Eggs
Dill Relish
Onions
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Mayo
Dash of Mustard
Then I let it chill in the fridge for several hours. It always tastes the best when its cold and all the flavors have blended together.

Quote:
In addition to my no egg policy; I like my potato salad cold, wife likes hers warm. She likes hers about 50% potato and 50% egg.

I do 99.999% of the cooking so when I make potato salad I leave her share of the potatoes to soak in water and tell her she can do whatever she wants with them. We don't really eat a lot of potato salad here. : )

Mine varies according to what catches my eye, but NO eggs (the slippery texture puts me off) and yes to dill. Especially if I have fresh.

Other than that, it's pretty typical. I scan the fridge and the spice racks. Hellman's Mayo.

My mom and I put an herb called lovage in our potato salad. Lovage is a relative of Celery and you use the leaves. It has a very crisp and refreshing flavor! It's also a very pretty plant for the garden. Ours always grow HUGE!

Quote:
everything is better with bacon!

I chop the apples to about pea size and add them in with the mayo.. taters... egg.. celery...i use the red onions my mom uses green to each their own... sprinkle of dill weed, if i want added colour i will shred carrot in there too..

Mmmmmm! Lots of good ingredient suggestions here - black olives sound especially interesting to me. Looooooove black olives!

I make my dressing from 1/2 mayo & 1/2 plain yogurt or sour cream.
I like plain old yellow mustard for potato salad.

German-style I like to use cider vinegar.
Adding Granny Smith apples sounds like that would work great in this one.

Potatoes,lots of eggs,mayo,mustard,onion,pepper and RADISHES. Love radishes in it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom