What"s in your Potato salad?

I was thinking of making potato salad real soon. I love it and I could make it and eat it weekly. I think the corn and shrimp sound great. I may have to try that. Did they use whole kernel corn? I was thinking of using baby corns but in smaller pieces.

I have made pototo salad and added most of below but I also added olives, bacon, and chunks of cheddar cheese. It was pretty good. Too much flavors though. I like it a bit more simple the best.

I usually add of course potatoes, celery, lots of onion(you could not give me enough), eggs are ok (but kinda of gross me out no matter what), green onion, dill pickle (I can't stand sweet pickles), mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and celery salt.

When I go to eat some potato salad I add more fresh ground black pepper (you could not give me enough), seasoning salt and sometimes more celery salt.

I do have to agree that cold potato salad is best.

I'm an admitted dumper.

I hate to measure anything and god-forbid I use a recipe on PAPER... ew.

When I mix it up I dont use Miracle Whip or anything else that might make it sweet, thats nastay.

I use about 2 T of juice from the pickle jar along with pickles.

And extra eggs.

And no celery because DH is a baby.

Quote:
I have to say I have never seen anyone here that hates eggs.
lol.png

Potatoes off course, Olives (black and green) onions, eggs, pickle relish (dill) brown mustard, mayo (I hate Miracle Whip).
droolin.gif
Now I want potatoe salad.
lau.gif

I like everything but the kitchen sink in mine! Mine is never the same twice and I am a "dumper" too! A little of this... a little of that...

Potatoes
fat free mayo (small amount)
mustard (double the amount of the mayo)
chopped dill pickles
onions
bell pepper
black olives and/or green
bacon
fresh chopped herbs
celery (or celery salt)
chopped eggs
pickle juice/jalapeno juice/lemon juice/vinegar
seasonings

Not necessarily all these things at once but a mismatch of them at any time...

Back
Top Bottom