What sex am I?

purplehen13

Hatching
May 16, 2016

Can anyone help me determine gender of these 2 birds? (Second bird is in comments) They are 12 weeks old, just barnyard mixes.

Last edited:
I think my hen is a rooster- can anyone confirm? I swear I heard it crow today when I was in my kitchen. My husband is in denial that his barred rock might be a dude! It is about 4 months old. We got 3 new sexed chicks at 1 day old and already one of them has been a rooster that we've had to give away. Will be really bummed if we have to give away another one..... Thanks!

Uggg...I had a feeling but I just didn't want to believe it. He will bring my rooster count to 5/21
1f61e.png

I think my hen is a rooster- can anyone confirm? I swear I heard it crow today when I was in my kitchen. My husband is in denial that his barred rock might be a dude! It is about 4 months old. We got 3 new sexed chicks at 1 day old and already one of them has been a rooster that we've had to give away. Will be really bummed if we have to give away another one..... Thanks!
Looks like a cockerel. Females have more black barring. Heres a pic of my BR for comparison...
Same age

I am 99% sure that's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom