What sex are my easter eggers?

Quote:
Not necessarily, that depends on the particular roo, I've had some start as early as four and a half months and one go all the way up to around 10 mos before he started.

Speedy looks like the only pullet to me also. From what I have learned over the last couple of years, birds that grow in red on the shoulders are almost always cockerals. So far it has been true for me.

Sometimes in my area I can sell young roos in the spring for $5. But most of the time I just give them away. Just know that a lot of times they may end up being someones dinner.

Well, we haven't heard a single crow, but I know that can vary. We're planning on definitely giving away Dragon and Adriana--we might keep the others hoping for the best. We'll see.

Thanks for all your help!

Quote:
I too think that Spaghetti is possibly a female, and Speedy is looking very girly too, but the others a pretty rooish.

Post on Craiglist and see if you get anyone interested. I would start by asking $5 and if you can't get that, give them away.

pips&peeps :

Spaghetti - cockerel
Falcon - cockerel
Junior - cockerel
Dragon - cockerel
Adriana - cockerel
Speedy - pullet

I agree.​

Can you explain how you all came to those decisions? I don't see saddle feathers on most of those birds so what are you looking at that says roo?

The reason I am asking is that I have 4 EE's and haven't gotten any eggs from 3 of them and the are over 32 weeks old. They don't have saddle feathers but I saw one of them raise their hackles at a Delaware Roo!

So how did you know?????

Quote:
they ALL have saddle feathers, you just have to know what your looking for. After you raise chickens for years you just know. if you are a beginner and you keep raising chickens after some years you just know and it only takes some of us a matter of 1 second to know, it will come to you.

Back
Top Bottom