What should I do about this buyer? Update Pg 6

You have the other birds she paid for so she needs to have the cage and give it too you then you will give her the birds they are collateral now.
wink.png

what on earth she wants all of those chickens ??? if she order them n told her a date to pick them she knew that she would need cages to bring them home in she gave you full payment in cash, u are luck.

but you hold them longer so your prices should went up if u hold chickens over 5 days. it is her fault that she left some chickens there.$4.50x 64= 288

if u have taking anything into a shop n they call u to pick it up after 30 days if they still have it they could sell for the parts cost
on laying away and you didnot pick it up on due date they would reself it and refund money.

so u are in right to keep the rest of the chickens she now own u a cage.

when you sell animals for agree price and date of pick up too.
but in a cause saying any days afterwards
pick up would add $x per day /animal [care n food]. u r losing money for watch them[ could have more chicken sell]

i just went to the local farmer market and pick up three chickens looks like under 1yrs old. the guys told me the girls was laying should have got 2 EE and BR . i got one pale green egg. one weak shell brown egg that broken in my hand,i did bring a carrier with me and i spent $30 for all. when i got them home they are very scared of humams and when trying to pet them their feather fall out. they dont know that treat are or eating out trays, bowels. or water dish just water coffee cans. it is my fault that i didnot look over the birds first closely. but i am learning the hard way.
laura

ok that my $288 worth lol

Last edited:
Ok, the rest were just picked. I had them loaded up in about 5 mins and they were on their way. The man (the boyfriend) didn't say a word the whole time, so I figure it was him that was upset at her for getting them. The lady was nice, asked how I was doing, and asked if the Cochins were related to one another. The visit was short and relatively pleasant - no drama.

I did get my pen back, which is soaking in disinfectant at the moment under the carport. I wish them well and they were on their way.

Is there anything differently that I could have done as a seller to make this process easier? What would you have done?

For that price can I buy your chickens?
big_smile.png
I hope that she figures out what she has now... And I hope this does not sour you too much on selling to people.

And I agree the signed list of what is what and how much she is paying would be helpful for the future.

Quote:
Thank you. I thought about that, too, after the fact. She had a receipt from the first time she came by, but I didn't have her sign it.

and you keep a copy....they make those receipts books that are duplicate

glad it went good

This is one of the reasons I like selling eggs better. When you go to sell chicks/chickens you never know who or what your dealing with. Sounded to me like it might of been the husband or someone else telling her she was crazy for paying that after the fact. Sounds like she got a deal to me. If you raise chickens from eggs and if you really get to figuring your time, feed, electric bill and all, you really aren't making any money just enough to feed them. I think you did the right thing.

Quote:
Thank you. I thought about that, too, after the fact. She had a receipt from the first time she came by, but I didn't have her sign it.

Maybe keep a string of emails between y'all? If she calls, ask her to send an email so that you are sure you know exactly what she is looking for?

Quote:
I wouldn't want her back on my place, period. Mailing her a few bucks back to ensure that is WELL worth it to me.

I thought of that myself. I will have my husband out with me when they come to get the others just in case they want to get pushy.

I just heard back from her and she has no clue what she has. She stated that she didn't want show quality birds and thought that $6 for a chicken was overpriced and mine where more than double that. However, she paid and left with them. The entire time yesterday she was nice and acted like she really liked all that them that she was getting and I was certain they were going to a good home. Well, even that was deceptive because she told me that a dog got into her pen and killed 2 of them last night. Great. After explaining again the bloodlines, wins, and positive qualities of the birds that she purchased, she said that it was a learning experience for her and accepted that she should have asked more questions. The thing is... if she was so happy with them yesterday, why the change of heart today?

Oh, and the killer is that she stated she had only had chickens for 6 months. The way she was talking, she acted like she had them for years. She went out to say that my pure blood show quality birds were not show quality and that her mixed up chickens were. What?! I didn't want to argue, so I let that go. I truly want her to be happy with these and realize what she has, but there is not reasoning with her right now.

We have arrangements for her to come pick up the others on Tuesday. I'll let you know how that goes.

This almost made me cry.
hit.gif
When you put up your listing for your birds here on BYC, I was looking for so many ways to have an excuse to come down to NC and get your gorgeous birds.
sad.png
The drive was just too far. Do you happen to have any eggs that were laid leftover frm your cochins? I'd be willing to buy them

Back
Top Bottom