what should i do

pefferlawchicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
ontario, canada
ok , im very upset and confussed , last hatch i did worked great and im doing everything the sam as last time but they are dying , i think its day 20 but it may be day 21 and yet 2 out of three eggs have died. Their is one egg left and he has been in the same postion for the last few days and all i can see is either a small heart beat or somthing like the beack or food moving back and forth slightly. i dont want to loose this one , what should i do

temp is about 99 f in a forced air bator
humidity is at aboyt 55- 58 % now

I wish I knew what to tell you. Your humidity is a bit low, but I don't know if that accounts for the trouble you're having. I really don't know how to help you. I wish I did!

im so upset , i want to crack it open to make sure the little one has a chance but on the other hand he might hatch on his own
sad.png

k so what i have done is chicpped a little pea sized hole in the top of the egg , the chick is alive and moving it looks like he is still obsorbing the blood and yolk, so i dabbed some warm water on the mebrain and covered the hole with a moist paper towl and but him back in the bator , was this the right thing to do after chipping the hole

I wouldn't *leave* the paper towel. Get your humidity up high in the incubator, dampen the membrane, then put him in and leave him alone for a few hours. If he makes progress, continue to leave him be. If he doesn't or if he seems to be weakening, then gradually help him a bit more and a bit more, just that little pea-sized help each time. And each time, dampen the membrane, then place him back in a nice humid bator.

Back
Top Bottom