What should I name my new tortoiseshell kitty?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rughooker, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rughooker

rughooker Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I adopted a baby sister for my 3 month old calico(Abbie Rose) yesterday. She's only 6 weeks old and is a tortoiseshell. She keeps hiding from us, so I've been calling her Peekaboo! Any other suggestions? Thanks , rughooker

2. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh I think peekaboo is Cute! you should keep that as her name. Any chance of us seeing a picture?

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Peekaboo is adorable. Or maybe Heidi

4. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    "Patches"?

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I think Peekaboo is a great name too. I'm sure it will be tweaked into a nickname like peekers or something. Thats what happens to all my pets names [​IMG]

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Heidi is sooo cute!!!

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:or "boo boo," as for a nick name.

our pets have nick names too.

me,
    g

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    My tortoise shell was named Pepper. If you look into a pepper shaker, the pepper isn't all black. It's different shades of black and brown. I thought I was so clever to think of that one!

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    you never did say if she was long or short hair did you?

I have a long hair and she has bands on her fluffy tail and it reminded me of a racoons tail...I got a baby book and found the name Meka...in indian means clever racoon. Her sister is a calico...Dakota...means friend in indian. but call her kota more than anything.

me,
    g

10. rughooker

rughooker Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]:loveThis is rughooker again. I took Peekaboo to the vet yesterday. She weighs 1.2lbs. I think some of my chickies weigh more than that!! Thanks for all of your name suggestions but I think I'm sticking with Peekaboo. Rachael Ray has a dog named Isaboo. Also there was an Olympic downhill skier named Peekaboo Street. rughooker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by