What snacks DON'T or chickens like???

My girls love blueberries, grapes, scrambled eggs, dandilion greens, cantalope, basically everything I give them! Oh and CHEEEESE!!!! My GOSH do they go crazy over cheese. I don't give them very much or very often, but when I do it is a chicken version of a mosh pitt. LOL!

My chickens haven't eaten any treats I've given them except for bread and crackers, but I don't do that too often. I bought a huge bunch of greens at the store the other day and tried hanging them so they could jump and get it but they just stood there and looked at it. I just don't see myself putting that stuff in a blender for them every day. lol My fiance is close to just letting them be yard chickens, which I do not want.

The case of the finicky chickens continues.

THEY DONT EAT BREAD?!?!
ep.gif
I thought bread was something that all chickens would enjoy!

My chickens go nuts over bread, gave them some cheerios and they haven't touched them. Also, I work at a brewery and occaisionaly I get some of the malted grain that gets spilled (beer drinkers will be happy to know that if grain touches a floor that is literally clean enough to eat off of it still goes to the cattle ranch) and the chickens I had a couple years ago went nuts for it. This group ignores it.

Like Farmer Kev's post, my chickens love mostly anything I offer with few exceptions. Their favorites - lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, green beans, peas, mixed vegetables, corn, warm oatmeal, banana, melon, watermelon, apples, tuna. They have things they don't eat as well but they still do eat it. The only thing they flatly refused to eat was Cheerios! Haven't tried pumpkin yet, but I will eventually. Anyone have any ideas on adding protein besides tuna? What do you add?

Back
Top Bottom