What sort of Bantams have I got ??

vichee53

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 26, 2013
Hi would like help in identifying what type of bantams mine are.To cut a long story short my wyndotte became broody and a neighbour kindly got some bantam eggs for her to sit on.Well tomorrow they will 8 weeks old .Have uploaded some pics not the best but best I can do at the moment
hmm.png
.I also think the one with the tuff of fur on top of head is a little rooster .

Can you ask the neighbor what breeds they had? Or maybe take some pictures if they dont know?

These 2 chicks are cockerals

this looks like a silkie or houdan mix, it has 5 toes and a crest. (you can see the 5 toes in this pic)

Thanks for the quick replies, my husband said that they were crosses but he doesn't always have to be right
roll.png
They are still my little bubbas and they are 8weeks old today.Will I need to get more hens then because of them being roosters?Or will they be okay.Hubby not going to be happy about being roosters but good thing they are mine and I
love.gif
Will try and get better pics soon

Thanks for the quick replies, my husband said that they were crosses but he doesn't always have to be right
roll.png
They are still my little bubbas and they are 8weeks old today.Will I need to get more hens then because of them being roosters?Or will they be okay.Hubby not going to be happy about being roosters but good thing they are mine and I
love.gif
Will try and get better pics soon
you should have at least 4-6 hens per rooster if they are going to be all together. If there arent as many hens, they can fight over them or gang up on the hens. Unless you pen them by them selves with no hens (bachelor pen). They will be less likely to fight if they grow up together.

Last edited:
Well have tried to get better pics so here we go. Hope these are a better pic
smile.png

Thanks for that but can you tell me how you can tell what sex they are please as I really am clueless
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom