What Special Treat or Yummy Did Your Flock Get Today?

Quote:
Maybe they are appreciating the time and energy it took you to make them something special. I know that I always enjoy a homemade cake more than store bought!

It is still frustrating that they don't like everything all of the other chickens we read about like.

Yesterday....my lil guy takes two bites out of a super juicy peach....and says, I no want.

This thing was juuuuuicey!

So, instead of tossing into the garbage I dropped it on the ground....

Rut-roh....Mass Chaos! Widespread Panic!!!!

My girls tore that lil peach apart......down to the pit in like 30 seconds...

so, yea, peaches work
thumbsup.gif

brown rice left over from last night and BOSS. BOSS seems to be their new favorite. Wish I could find some watermelon for less than $4 each, I'd bring them a load of that. They love it and it really cools them down.

Mealworm carnage.

I ordered 1000 mealworms from Petco on Monday and received them Wednesday via Fedex. Talk about greedy beak snatchers!

The chickens are keeping an eye on me in case I reach for the case again.

We have a birthday breakfast once a month where I work; bagels, donuts and fruit. I grabbed a bit of fruit at 4pm. When I walked past at 5pm, everything was cleaned up and I decided to take a half a bagel for the girls. As I walked past the garbage can I saw that all the left overs were in there! I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get all the good stuff out of the can and not get anything on my suit. I am still hoping that no one saw me!

So, the girls had their favorite, GRAPES. They do go crazy for them. And honeydew and cantalope, poppy seed and oatmeal bagels. They didn't show much excitement about anything other than the grapes when I was there, but when I came back about 30 minutes later, everything was gone. Now I am going to ask my work mates to save any party leftovers for me.

Nectarine trimmings, BOSS and a few scraps of cucumber.

Edited because I meant to write peach, not nectarine. Must have nectarines on my brain.

Last edited:
I get all of the leftovers from the refrigerator at work. We have about 30 in-office employees and 2 refrigerators. So whatever they don't eat, I take home to the girls.

My girls got
2 cups of mixed bird seed the wild birds don't really like (too many peanuts and safflower seeds and millet, but the girls adore it)
1 watermelon rind
1 easy over egg on toast from yesterday
1 cup crunched up eggshells
half a banana in bits
2 ears leftover grilled sweetcorn
1 small scoop leftover coleslaw from a restaurant meal
1 small fistful crunched potato chips
1 gummie worm that fell out of my son's pocket. Talk about fighting hens!

Back
Top Bottom