What Special Treat or Yummy Did Your Flock Get Today?

Mine got amaranth trimmings, some sorry looking cherry tomatoes and BOSS.

Unless it's a berry or slug, my crew looks at all new foods suspiciously. Sometimes they'll take it out of my hand and then decide it's edible, but sometimes they won't touch it until I'm back in the house.

It is hot here in Fort Worth so I keep cans of cheap fruit cocktail in the fridge. Cold fruit at 5 pm cools them off from the afternoon heat.
yippiechickie.gif

Today mine got apples that had fallen from our tree, grapes and swiss chard that they pick themselves and a handfull of BOSS/scratch. My 3 week old chicks got yogurt mixed with their crumble and an apple. (They haven't caught on to swiss chard, yet.)
smile.png

Paper label off of a frozen gallon of water.
ep.gif

I didn't think it would be an issue since there was plastic laminate over it... They picked the laminate right off and went for the good stuff. *sigh*

I insulated the inside of my shed with 1/2 inch styrofoam because the sun hits it in the afternoon. My chicks were eating the styrofoam! I had to cover it with plywood. (which I was planning to do but hadn't gotten around to it.) Not like they were hungry! They had plenty of food.
hu.gif

Today the girls got corn cobs...

Whenever I cook up a batch of corn on the cob I then cut the kernels off... I do NOT have the most steady hand so a good bit is left over. I cut those in half, and then freeze them... nice COLD tiny tidbits of corn for the girls. Risky to give a lot of corn in summer, but these little tidbits have, so far, been loved by the girls with no ill effects. WAY more so than the big ol' bag of BOSS I bought... how annoying is THAT?

Back
Top Bottom