What Special Treat or Yummy Did Your Flock Get Today?

It has been SO hot that today was frozen strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.

Last edited:
The heat wave here has been horrible, so I've been fridging the oversized cucumbers that I find too late in my garden, and slicing them in half lengthwise. They all love those cucumbers, but the seramas find them especially nommie.

Cold cucumber is a hit with mine also. I left one out too late one day and found some baby crickets finishing what the girls had left during the day--bonus protein for the girls when it grows up!

cabbage, leftover peas and red creamer potatoes from dinner last night, and oatmeal that the baby didn't eat. I love my chickens...I call them my little garbage disposals...we rarely throw out any extras any more...we just give them to the chickens!!

My ladies got: green beans, broccoli, tomato, brownberry bread end that I broke up for them, scratch and they're gonna get some blackberries later! They didn't eat the green beans or broccoli too well
sad.png
(or at all as far as I can tell). Is there a trick to getting them to eat this stuff?

this morning's breakfast consisted of : puffed brown rice, cream corn, wheat germ, chopped boiled egg, liquid multi-vit, chopped up spicey fries, and cooked salmon skin~~all mixed together
sickbyc.gif

my Silkies LOVED it

My ladies got: green beans, broccoli, tomato, brownberry bread end that I broke up for them, scratch and they're gonna get some blackberries later! They didn't eat the green beans or broccoli too well
sad.png
(or at all as far as I can tell). Is there a trick to getting them to eat this stuff?

Back
Top Bottom