What spider is that?

Pics
I noticed this guy on the windowframe when I was cleaning my room yesterday:
View attachment 2349883View attachment 2349884
No clue what he is, but he's cute.
My friend Google says this is a Wolf-Spider. - I discovered Google Lens today, you point your camera to something, hit the button and Google tells you what that is.
Pointed the camera at Blanca Duck and Google claims she is a mouse-trap, disguised as a duck. ;)

Um... because why would they lie? 🤔
We have a saying in Germany: »Wessen Brot ich ess', dessen Lied ich sing'.«
Translated into English: »Whose bread I eat, whose song I sing.«
Scientists were and are forced to produce "pleasant results" by their commissioners more than once.

I would gently smash that one with a piece of tissue and examine it carefully. The "fiddle" marking on a BR is very tiny and hard to see. So you kind of have to get familiar with the general shape of the spider so you can spot them at a distance. I've killed several and looked them over closely. That one looks very suspicious to me.
Nooo! Don't smash it! Let it crawl on a piece of paper and flick it out of the window.

Nooo! Don't smash it! Let it crawl on a piece of paper and flick it out of the window.
Sorry. Ah yes, wolfies should also be encouraged to take care of business. I'm sorry I didn't recognize it. 😕 But again, in the case of BR, better safe than sorry!

My friend Google says this is a Wolf-Spider. - I discovered Google Lens today, you point your camera to something, hit the button and Google tells you what that is.
Pointed the camera at Blanca Duck and Google claims she is a mouse-trap, disguised as a duck. ;)
Is Google Lens an app you had to download?

Better safe than sorry. Google brown recluse and get familiar with that fiddle marking and also the shape of the body and legs. To me, if a spider looks creepy, I'm real careful of it. A BR creeps me out, and other spiders don't. But then I'm kinda weird that way, lol.
Just keep in mind: Only very few spiders are really dangerous for you! Afaik in Missouri you only have two dangerous spiders: The infamous Black-Widow and the Brown Recluse. Everything else may be able to bite you, but unless you are allergic it won't be dangerous.

Don't know, need a pic.
That could have been a Recluse:
1601179673132.png

Is Google Lens an app you had to download?
Yes and no: My phone automatically uploads all pictures and videos i take to Google Photos. So i was showing a picture to my wife and noticed that weird button at the bottom of the screen, tapped on it and - tadaa - Google told me the exact type of my garage door opener, where i can buy it and what's the best price.
I was flattened! 😯
Tried some other pics from Google Photos and got frightened. 😨
And yes, there is also an app - at least for Android - you point your camera at something and Google tells you frighteningly accurate what it "sees" - shopping links and Wikipedia inclusive.
I am too afraid to point the camera at myself! :th

Back
Top Bottom