What takes Blu Kote off of skin?

hoosierhen

Songster
12 Years
Sep 26, 2007
Indiana
I was doctoring a hens sore toe and got blue wound dressing on my hand. Is there anthing that will take it off in a hurry? My dh and I are going out for dinner tonight.

You can try scrubbing some of it off with Comet or Ajax. Bleach will help at least lighten it. Make sure to rinse well and put lotion on so it doesn't dry your hands out. Most of the rest of it will have to wear off. I almost always wear rubber gloves or use a plastic sack while handling Blu Kote, I learned the hard way! LOL
he.gif

Okay, I'm bumping this up again. I had to give a roo a spray of Blue Kote on his neck and all was fine until he decided to shake and...

now I look like I have blue measles.

I'm not excited about scrubbing my face with Comet or Ajax. I leave on a business trip tomorrow, so HELP!!!

I think the reason Comet or Ajax work is partly b/c of the bleach and partly b/c of the abrasives. You could try a scrubbing face cream with pumice in it and/or baking soda. I've heard about a couple cases of BluKote Measles... You might try searching on measles to find that past post. I think the woman had some success with a face cream of some sort.

There's a product called "Goof-Off" that's great for removing paint. I can't vouch for its efficacy on Blu-Kote though. I just bought some Blu-Kote to slather on some dominance-pecking chickens if they get cheeky. I appreciate the heads up about the gloves.

If you use pumice on your face you'll end up with a red mark where the blue one used to be
wink.png

How about a magic erasure? I know it's still abrasive but it might hurt less and make less of a mark than a pumice stone.

Back
Top Bottom