What tastes do Dogs hate the taste of?

At least she will be worm free....
big_smile.png

I have one Pyr that decided to start stealing eggs. Wanted to inject something into them that she wouldn't like when she bit into it......
nope, mine will eat Safeguard, ivomectrian etc....

Not sure if this would affect the egg for people consumption, but maybe spray them with some vinegar water, or lemon (or citronella) oil. Maybe detour her before even biting them open.

I have yet to find a taste that is good for all dogs. Or even one that works long-term for any one dog. There are bitter sprays out there but, they just don't seem to work. What I have best success with is "topagen" spray. It is an antibiotic spray that is alcohol based. I also can attest that it is one of the worst tasting things I've ever had the pleasure of accidentally tasting.

One thing I have done is make a hot chili paste for keeping pups from chewing. Basically I get the hottest chili pepper powder I have on hand and add a little water and flour, just enough to make a paste. I'm sure it hurts them when they taste it but, I have never had it take more than 2 tastes before they leave things alone.

I might try the hot paste on her. I did that once with my horses to keep them from chewing the fence.... My old Dalmation and my pinto went behind me and licked it all off..... :rolleyes:
My Pys have a pickier taste however

I found this discussion on a Google search when asking "what taste do dogs hate". I am trying to discourage my GS from chasing & biting his tail. Chili pepper & black pepper have not worked so far. After reading these comments I am now going to try all natural bug repellent with citronella & citrus. Thanks.

Justcountry,

Do you have any ideas why your dog might be chasing his/her tail? If it is behavioral, you might be able to give him some alternate activity or exercise to try to curb the behavior. However, if he is itchy and chasing the tail for that reason, there could be something else going on with the skin itself.

I would avoid spraying anything spicy or hot onto the hair or skin. That will irritate the skin and make the problem worse.

Back
Top Bottom