What the beep is this lol

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
this came out of my chickens behind. I gave him ivermectin yesterday…what the hell is this lol it looks like it has legs!

Attachments

• 985F85B8-BF8D-42D3-B365-B6EAE5047CA9.jpeg
    985F85B8-BF8D-42D3-B365-B6EAE5047CA9.jpeg
    765.2 KB · Views: 54
Can you try and cut it open? I’ve not seen an egg membrane that dark colored, but it could be that or casing from intestinal coccidiosis.

Do you have lizards around your place?

At least that's what it looks like at first glance: a not too well digested lizard.

Cutting it open like @Eggcessive suggests may help to solve this mistery.

Can you try and cut it open? I’ve not seen an egg membrane that dark colored, but it could be that or casing from intestinal coccidiosis.
I’m treating now for cocci, my flock just had it. This rooster was mine, then I rehomed him, and brought him back. I’m treating because I don’t want him to catch it, but I did see slight blood in his cage

Do you have lizards around your place?

At least that's what it looks like at first glance: a not too well digested lizard.

Cutting it open like @Eggcessive suggests may help to solve this mistery.
I threw it and can’t find it. Normally I think of stuff like that (cutting it open). I’m disappointed in my self. It didn’t feel like a bug it had a lining/skin texture

No lizards in upstate ny, just salamanders

I’m treating now for cocci, my flock just had it. This rooster was mine, then I rehomed him, and brought him back. I’m treating because I don’t want him to catch it, but I did see slight blood in his cage
In this case I would deworm him as well.

Back
Top Bottom