What the heck happened to BYC?

KentinWA

Chirping
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
There might be a few who remember me. I haven't been on here in ages. I've been trying to find the old BYC, last I remember there were 2. Now I see a neutered BYC.

So who made up this awful format?.....Is CC still around? I don't even see a regular spot to post, so not sure this is right. Help I've fallen and can't get up!.....Anyone lead me in the right direction? Me, My Chickens, My Family. Give me a break!

roll.png

Last edited:
This is the topic you need to read... It's the history of this site and it will explain everything about what happened.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9631

A form of the old BYC apparently still exists elsewhere.

The new BYC may not be what you're used to, but there are plenty of members from the original forum here (some are mods) and they seem to love this place. I sure do; there are a ton of helpful and friendly people here. Maybe if you stick around and get to know some of the newer folks and participate in some of the discussions, you'll think this site isn't so bad after all.

As far as asking a question, click on the link that says "Index" and look for the category related to the topic you want to post about. Having separate areas for different topics is pretty normal for a message board anymore. It makes information easier to find. "Me, My Chickens, My Family" is an area for members to get to know one another and ask for non-chicken advice and support. Having a topic like that is just one clue that this site is a big community...the majority of us get along really well and take care of one another.

welcome-byc.gif
(or should I say, welcome back?)
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, having been on both, I find this format to me much nicer to use. I never could stand the software on the other site. EZ boards was awful, and this new one isn't much better.

So who made up this awful format?.....Is CC still around? I don't even see a regular spot to post, so not sure this is right. Help I've fallen and can't get up!.....Anyone lead me in the right direction? Me, My Chickens, My Family. Give me a break!

Those of us who were on the old forum and now are here don't think it's an awful format, and many go back and forth between the two. There's no competition.​

Back
Top Bottom