What the heck have I brought home? ***picture heavy***

Thank you so much! I'm sorry you can only have four chickens where you live! That's just not enough! lol, chicken math---we were only supposed to have 6 when this all started. We have currently have 21.
hu.gif
Some will be sold and some will stay. And we'll buy a few more. We has chicken running out our ears! And do you think the thread will stay alive til spring? I'm surprised it's made it this far already.

I think the thread will still be here, even if you or other's don't post anything for a while. I'm new to this, so I could be wrong, but anything that I have posted in or started stays on a list under the forums tab and then clicking on the link of stuff that you have posted on. So, I'm sure you can refer back to it here and there for updates.

Yeah, I'm bummed I'm not able to have more, but who knows....maybe they will magically appear. As long as I don't have roosters, I'm sure I could get away with it. My neighbors are cool, and the chickens don't seem to bother anyone anyway. My back yard is fully fenced and, knock on wood, haven't tried to fly over yet.

I think the thread will still be here, even if you or other's don't post anything for a while. I'm new to this, so I could be wrong, but anything that I have posted in or started stays on a list under the forums tab and then clicking on the link of stuff that you have posted on. So, I'm sure you can refer back to it here and there for updates.

Yeah, I'm bummed I'm not able to have more, but who knows....maybe they will magically appear. As long as I don't have roosters, I'm sure I could get away with it. My neighbors are cool, and the chickens don't seem to bother anyone anyway. My back yard is fully fenced and, knock on wood, haven't tried to fly over yet.
Yeah, chickens seem to be fairly quiet overall. But we have this one red hen that cackles like a mad woman when she lays. She'll start even before sunrise! She's worse than a rooster ever could be! I bet if we were in town, people would complain!

Are their feet blue? ????? Wow they are stunning! !!!!!! I want to stare at them all day. They are so unique :) keep pictures coming! How are their personalities?

Yes, they are blue! My husband calls them the two blue-footed-boobies of Alabama! (Bless his heart!)

As far as personality goes, they are very stand-off-ish. Arrianne especially is so shy. And they never go anywhere alone. They stick together like sisters should. Molly is a little more brave, so when treats come out, she will get close enough to grab a bit, but Arrianne hangs back and watches. They are super bug catchers and Molly has a particular love for spiders. Every morning, as soon as she's turned out, she stalks spiders. It is soooo creepy to see her look up at you with a mass of legs hanging out of her beak. Though I hate spiders, so this definately endears her to me! They get along well with all the bigger chickens, but they do like to pick on the smaller guys. I think that's just a chicken thing though. They are very mellow and spend a good bit of the day chillaxing under the box wood hedges at the end of the house.

Molly and the other girls at bed time. Ooooh, she was not happy about being photographed that late in the evening. She never fusses about anything, but she was keeping up a rucus right along with the other girls tonight!

Curious to know how your girls are doing??? I think about them from time to time. Did you end up getting a roo? If so, what did you get? Hope all is well!!
~Lorinda~

Sorry it's been so long since I posted an update. I was away from the computer for a while. I am pleased to make a very important (well, important to me anyway....) announcement..............

*drum roll, please*

Molly has laid her first egg!!!!!!

Actually 4 now. They are small (that's to be expected for now though) and sort of pink-ish in color and almost all yolk! Good thick shells and dark, orange-y yolks! I am so proud!

Now to answer questions, yes---we did get a roo..... if you can call him that yet! lol, he's a lovely heritage yellow buff orpington, 16 weeks old. Just starting to crow, not well, mind you, but crow none the less. I'm sure he'll be fabulous by spring though.

And both girls are doing so well. They are fabulously fluffy and seem to really falling in with the rest of the flock as of recent. They are still very shy with us though. I hope they mellow out a bit more when they start laying.

Back
Top Bottom